Effective Date: 18th May 2018
Your privacy is important to us. We value the trust you have placed in us and retaining your trust is a responsibility that we take very seriously and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal information you give us.
This policy, which we update from time to time, sets out how we use and process your personal information. It also tells you how you can contact us if you have questions about your personal information.
By disclosing your personal information to us, by using our website or over the telephone, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information as stated in this policy.
What personal information do we collect?
We cant help you book accommodation without information, so when you make an enquiry and/or reservation with and/or through CAS, you will be asked for your name, (home or office) address, date of birth, (business or private) email address, (mobile, home or office) telephone number, credit card details (i.e. credit card type and number, CVC security code, expiration date, credit card holder name) and to the extent available, reservation, smoking and other preferences for your stay, including name sof anyone anybody travelling with you.
When you visit our website, even if you do not make an enquiry, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, geographical location, Internet Service Provider (ISP), browser/platform type and version, information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you, (for users of our service through a mobile device) Unique Device Identifier, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit, page views, website navigation, date/time stamp information and details like the number and location of (mouse) clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling activity and the (search) words you use and the text you type while being on and using our website. None of this information by itself will be able to tell us who you are, but it can still be considered to be ‘personal’ information.
If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
We may also collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us
- Information about other people
- You may be doing a reservation with other guests whose details you provide as part of the Reservation, or you may make a Reservation on behalf of someone else.If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us, and consent its use on their behalf, before doing so.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Personal data we receive from other sources
We may also receive information from other sources, including business partners, such as affiliate partners, and other independent third parties, such as agencies that refer you to our service and anything we get from them may be combined with information provided by you.
Accommodation Providers may share information about you with CAS too. This may occur if you have support questions about your upcoming reservation, or when disputes or complaints arise about a Reservation.
Why does CAS collect, use and share your personal details?
You expressly agree to such uses of personal information.
- Most importantly, we use your personal information to complete, administer and confirm your bookings and reservations and forward your reservation and booking details to the accommodation provider you have chosen to book.
- Sharing your details with accommodation providers and their and our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you find appropriate accommodation and responding to queries related to your reservation(s).
- We may use your contact information to invite you to write a review and/or testimonial on our service and/or the accommodation you stayed in.
- We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you use our service, we may use your contact information to send you news of similar travel-related products and services. We also send our customers regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time and update your preferences
- Based on the information you share with us, individualised offers may be sent to you by email and/or via social media sites.
- When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone.
- There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalised an enquiry or reservation, we may email and/or text you as a reminder to continue with your reservation and/or enquiry.
- We may contact you to remind you of reservations you either do or do not have in place, acting as a reminder of accommodation and reservations you might need based on information we have collected from you
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with CAS.
- We may also send you other material, whether electronic or otherwise, related to your reservation, such as how to contact CAS if you need further assistance while you are away, or a summary of previous reservations you made through CAS.
- We sometimes ask our clients and guests to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
- We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Ifyou participate in promotional activities (such as referral programs or competitions), relevant information will be used to administer these promotions.
- When you call our customer service team, or if they call you, CAS may use an automated telephone number detection system, linking your telephone number to your reservations – saving time for both you and our customer service staff. Our customer service staff may still ask for authentication, which ensures that your reservation details are kept confidential.
- During calls with our customer service team, there may be live listening by other members of the team and/or calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes which includes the usage of the recordings for the handling of claims, fraud detection and complaints purposes. Recordings are kept for a limited amount of time and automatically deleted, unless CAS has a legitimate interest to keep such recording for a longer period, including for fraud investigation and legal purposes.
How does CAS use social media?
We may use social media platforms to promote our service, accommodation providers and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services.
We have integrated social media plugins and links into our Site. So when you click on one of the social buttons and/or register with your social media account (such as the Facebook ‘Like’ button, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented and shown on your social media profile, if you are logged in to your social media account, to be shared with others in your network that you may or may not be connected with.
In addition to these buttons, CAS uses social media by managing and maintaining accounts on several social media sites. These social media services may allow you to share information with CAS. The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information that’s available in your social media profile, email address, status updates and your list of friends. This information is necessary to create a unique user experience either in the app itself or on our websites. It facilitates such things as personalising our website to suit your needs, connecting you with your friends on travel destinations.
How does CAS share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- In order to complete and confirm your reservation and/or bookings, we need to transfer relevant reservation and booking details to the accommodation provider you have requested us to book. This may include information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests travelling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking.
- In order to support you during the reservation process and throughout your stay, your details may be shared with subsidiaries and other companies that fall within our umbrella of companies, which act as service providers for CAS, including in relation to customer support services
- We may use third-party providers to process any of your personal information on our behalf for the purposes specified above as well as use service providers to send any reservation and/or booking information on our behalf to the accommodation provider you requested us to book, or we may instruct third parties to contact you. Should a reservation and/or booking require it, we may also work with third-party payment service providers to facilitate payment and/or payment guarantees.
Third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those specified above.
- We work with partner companies in relation to sourcing accommodation. Should a reservation and/or booking be made by us via one of these partners, certain personal information that you provide may be shared, for example, in order to manage your reservation and/or bookings, so that they can address queries related to your reservation and for marketing purposes. Your information is governed by the privacy policies of these business partners.
- We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by any government or judicial authority if we, in our sole discretion, believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate having regard to any legal proceedings, or investigation into any unlawful activity.
Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
- We may also submit your information to sister companies.
How does CAS use guest reviews and testimonials?
During or after your stay at any accommodation provider booked through CAS, we will invite you to submit a review on your accommodation and/or experience of our service. If you wish not to be named on the review, please notify us that you wish to remain anonymous.
By providing a review and/or testimonial, you are agreeing that it can be displayed (as further described in our Terms & Conditions on, for example, our website, on our social media accounts and in social apps, or be sent directly by us to other organisations to demonstrate your satisfaction of our service and to inform other people and organisations about the quality and services of accommodation providers that you stayed in as well as on our service.
Links to Other Web Sites
Social Media Widgets
Security of your personal data
CAS observes reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to and the misuse of your personal data.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to (continue to) use our services, to provide our services to you (including maintaining an online user account (if created)), to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. We also securely retain your details for a period of 6 years for our accounting purposes and Company Law obligations as well as our clients’ accounting purposes, who often require historical information (reservation and payment data). All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us via the contact details provided at the end of this policy.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work and we also use security procedures as well as technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers and any third party servers we use have additional security measures to ensure the same.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorised alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in our possession
It is important to note however, that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. CAS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us on the details provided below.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
We only retain your personal data for a limited period of time and for as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal and accounting obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as follows:
- the data pertaining to enquires made with CAS (your requirements and any personal data received on taking the enquiry) but not resulting in a booking made through and/or by CAS are deleted within 3 years of the date of enquiry;
- personal data in relation to any reservation made by us for you, including contact details, billing and account information is retained for a period of 7 years in accordance with UK company, accounting and taxation laws
- information on legal transactions between a Client and CAS is retained for a period of 10 years as of their provision to CAS
All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us via the contact details provided at the end of this policy.
Controlling the personal data you have provided to CAS
Be in control of how your data is used by CAS
We want to ensure you that you are always in control of how we use your data and yuo can do this is several ways, including:
- asking us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- informing us about any changes to your personal data, or asking us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you;
- in specific circumstances, you may ask us to erase, or block or restrict the processing of some or all personal data we hold about you, or indeed object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data;
- you are entitled to withdraw your consent to us processing your data at any time subject to applicable law;
- where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
- We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of your personal data by contacting us on the details provided below
- you can send us your request(s) at no cost.For any of your requests in regards to this Privacy Statement and to exercise any of your rights or if you have a complaint, please contact us by contacting our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there is no direct opt-out function to object to any processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest , please contact us at email@example.com.
Change of Ownership
CAS, Winston House, 2 Dollis Park, London, N3 1HF